Stretch Your Blog Content
A lot of effort and time goes into creating blog content and blog posts for your website. If you are like many entrepreneurs, you post to your blog once a week, promote it on social media and email it to your list – but then you struggle to find additional social media content.
With a little more time and a dash of creativity, there are ways to get more mileage from your blog content! Here are some tips to freshen up the content you already have!
1. Social Media Posts: Take some of the tips and nuggets of information from your blog content and use it to create new social media posts. It’s okay to reword or condense some of your website content so it makes sense for social media.
2. Slideshow: Create a slideshow with the information from your blog content. Some blogs make great slide presentations, some don’t – but it’s a great option. It doesn’t have to be long or elaborate, just visually appealing and informative. Check out some great presentations on www.slideshare.com. It’s easy to create a slideshow using Powerpoint and upload it to Slideshare (or another site). Share the link on your social media platforms or embed it into a blog post for extra visibility!
3. Text Graphic: Take some of the social media posts you have just created from your initial blog and superimpose them onto pictures. Looking for great graphics? Try www.pixabay.com! www.ipiccy.com is a fabulous online photo editing site where you can blend photos and text … and it’s free! People want to get information quickly, and they can absorb and process information much quicker with graphics. It’s a great way to mix things up (as opposed to attaching a photo with the status update).
4. Collage: You can even create some fun collages with a few of your tips or nuggets of information – almost like a mini infographic. And, it’s easier for a novice! Super-appealing!
5. Slidecast: Don’t have time to produce a full video? No problem. Take your slideshow, add some audio and load it to YouTube! It’s kind of like an audio podcast combined with a slideshow.
6. Email: Most people email their blog post in addition to posting it to social media platforms. Why not add some graphics to the email, too? Try putting a portion of your blog in the email with a link to read more on your website. This drives traffic to your website, which is always a great idea. Extra tip: be sure to promote your social media platforms on those emails.
These are just a few of the ways to get more mileage out of your content. Remember to keep it interesting and grab the viewer’s attention. When your audience checks you out on Twitter and Facebook, they want to see something different. Give them a reason to check out all of your platforms and share!