We all want to create more engagement and increase sales and what better way to do that than create a demonstration online. Greg Dickinson, serial entrepreneur and founder of SaaS company, Omedym, gives software companies a way to capture more early-stage prospects faster, accelerate sales, and reduce costs.
- Your goal when creating your business was to transform the customer engagement experience, how does that effect the bottom line for your sales?
- Are demo’s simply a sales tool or does it have other uses in the life of a customer?
- What applications can we use demo’s to accelerate sales?
- How can we make them customized?
- Who are ‘demo’s right for, to help sell their products?
- Is there a right way and wrong way to have a ‘demo’ on your site?
Greg Dickinson, serial entrepreneur and founder of SaaS company, Omedym, started his career in software working as a pre-sales engineer. He loved the speed of the industry and enjoyed delivering product demonstrations of the newest, most innovative software to business buyers. Recently, he began to question why modern companies were giving demos in a way that was virtually identical to how he delivered his first demo in 1997. After he overheard his sons discussing their difficulties finding specific information in the pre-recorded videos of their online college courses, Greg decided that instructional videos and product demonstrations needed to catch up to the modern world.
And so Omedym (which, in reverse, reads “My Demo”) and the DemoOnDemand technology was born.
Greg combined search and video technologies, the two most common mechanisms used by today’s software buyers, to develop DemoOnDemand. His clients now provide online demos so their buyers can type a question in the demonstration app and be brought to the correct video queued to the exact frame that answers their question. Greg believes this process is the way of the future. In a world where 85% of buyers who start filling out the ‘request a demo’ form abandon the process, Greg gives software companies a way to capture more early-stage prospects faster, accelerate sales, and reduce costs.