“Niche down and do what you really love doing.”
Lyndsay Phillips accepted an opportunity to be guest starred on the awesome Entrepreneur on Fire Podcast with John Lee Dumas
Lyndsay is the captain of content marketing with Smooth Sailing Business Growth, serving entrepreneurs who seek fast-paced business growth but realize they can’t do alone, do it all, & do it well.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30-Day Trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Teamworks – Lyndsay’s small business resource
- No BS Ruthless Management of People – Lyndsay’s Top Business Book
- Smooth Sailing Business Growth – Lyndsay’s website
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Consistency wins in so many levels.
- Set up your procedures and systems in place right at the start of your business.
- Niche down and do what you really love doing.
- Billy Gene Is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene wants to send you something in the mail! It’s small, blackish, and if used properly it might deliver some serious R O I. For the next 100 listeners who go to CopyOurAds.com, Billy Gene is going to mail you his best performing Facebook funnels for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
- DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:01] – Lyndsay lives in Ontario, Canada with her family
- [01:30] – “Anything is possible when you’re an entrepreneur”
- [01:46] – Lyndsay’s expertise is in helping entrepreneurs attract more clients faster with content marketing
- [02:19] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: A lot of entrepreneurs get lost in hacks but what’s really important is consistency. Having that content consistently affects how you proceed
- [05:05] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Lyndsay’s business had tremendous growth as she started, her revenue spiked up but she couldn’t keep up. She was overwhelmed, stressed out, and she realized the system she put in place doesn’t work anymore — it wasn’t scalable. That time, she found herself sitting on the couch at 10:00 p.m., looking at her computer crying
- [07:47] – “You need a team — you can’t do it on your own”
- [08:00] – Have clear systems and procedures
- [09:00] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Lyndsay’s business was formerly a general VA firm which did almost everything for their clients. At one point, Lyndsay just stopped and thought about what she really wanted to do and what she hated to do. She realized what she did well for her business is content marketing so she niched down that path
- [11:03] – “Don’t be afraid to niche down”
- [12:17] – Think about what you love doing and do that
- [15:24] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Suck it up”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I am a control freak”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Teamworks
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – No BS Ruthless Management of People – “it really gave me some perspective ”
- [20:18] – Content marketing is a huge strategy to gain clients
- [21:14] – Get involved and have conversations with people
- [21:25] – Connect with Lyndsay on Smooth Sailing Business Growth
- [21:27] – Get Lyndsay’s Social Media Roadmap on SmoothBusinessGrowth.com/Fire