Attract Podcast Listeners Like Bees!
Deirdre Tshien is the Co-founder & CEO of Capsho, the world’s first AI-powered Podcast Copywriter, the host of Grow My Podcast Show and The Podcasting Entrepreneur, as well as the creator of Content Honey Traps. Listen to learn about the 7 hours rule, content hacking, and how to use Content Honey Traps to attract listeners like bees!
Learning and Growing as an Entrepreneur
- Deirdre started a dessert bar in Sydney along with her husband using the “build it and they will come approach”, which was unsuccessful
- Made plenty of entrepreneurship, marketing and sales mistakes in different businesses and from different perspectives but learned a lot from them
- Grew the dessert bar to 5 locations throughout Sydney, then started a burger restaurant that grew to locations – however, Deirdre and her husband found out that one of the restaurant managers had been stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars
- While all of that was happening, Deirdre was exploring other business opportunities in fashion technology with her now co-founder Bonner
- Even though Deirdre and her husband are based in New York now, their stores in Sydney are still operating thanks to a series of systems they have put in place
- The fashion technology business failed, and Deirdre ventured into the eCommerce space first, and then coaching
Podcasting and the 7 Hours Rule
- Deirdre’s first podcast was set for her coaching brand. She had no idea what she was doing but started to focus more and more on the podcast to generate a positive ROI – also because, when onboarding new clients, she heard ‘I love listening to your podcast’ more and more often
- Deirdre and her co-founder knew that the podcast was just such a great way to not only get leads but to actually shorten the sales cycle, and to actually convert listeners into clients.
- Deirdre learned about the 7 Hours Rule from Daniel Priestly’s book Oversubscribed. The idea is that people need to spend 7 hours with you before making a purchasing decision. “Spending 7 hours” could mean listening to your podcast.
- That led her to start being more intentional in try to get people to her podcast as her long-form content channel to consume her episodes
- Inspired by her work with Russell Brunson, Deirdre has put emphasis on curiosity and trying to attract people and getting them hooked
Social Media and Content Hacking
- If you’re a solopreneur, Deirdre recommends focusing on just one social media platform. If you have an assistant or a team that can help, then focusing on multiple platforms makes sense
- ‘How can you actually see whether a platform is working for you or not if you’re not really focusing on it?’, asks Deirdre
- Repurposing her podcast by using clips on social media hasn’t really worked for Deirdre. She uses her Content Hacking approach instead
- Content Hacking is about finding out where your audience is spending time and who they’re following. After that, you should find out what content is really working for that person or account and hack it – you use it as inspiration to bring your own content to life.
- The way Deirdre goes about Content Hacking is using the topic of her show and discussing it using inspiration (e.g. trending Instagram reels and TikTok videos that are taking off) she has found with her research.
- It may take you a moment before you get a hang of Content Hacking but when you do social media becomes more fun, says Deirdre.
- Deirdre sees herself as a non-creative creator. She’s a creator but doesn’t consider herself that creative, and she does get stuck at times – she wouldn’t know what to say or what to post if she was starting with a blank canvas. That’s why Content Hacking is really helpful, and it’s actually how Capsho came to be.
- Capsho was born out of Deirdre wondering how non-creative creators could use AI to actually do the work so that nobody would start from a blank piece of paper.
Using the Content Honey Trap
- The Content Honey Trap is all about triggering curiosity and it revolves around 8 mental models (4 based on stories you may share and the other 4 based on more tangible things like lessons and tips you may be sharing on your podcast)
- The Cliffhanger and the Rebel (where you go on social media to promote a podcast episode and do so by talking about what you didn’t discuss in the episode itself) are two examples of Content Honey Traps
Creating and Launching CapSho
- The first version of Capsho was launched at the end of 2021. It would have people tell their stories, then take that content and convert it into a bank of captions and emails
- Following her coach’s advice, Deirdre decided to change the approach with Capsho and niche down. She eventually niched down to who she is: an expert, a service-provider, who podcasts. That paved the way for the second iteration of Capsho, which focuses on helping podcasters create their promotional copy assets
- The way Capsho works is simple: simply upload an episode and have the tool automatically create the first draft of the episode title and description, show notes, social media captions, promotional emails, as well as an episode transcript. You can edit and save everything
- Deirdre uses Capsho herself, especially to create all of her podcast episode titles. She sees Capsho as the tool that creates all the things that she and her co-founder don’t enjoy creating
- The feedback and overall generosity beta users have shown in regards of Capsho are things that have really stood out for Deirdre
- Improved SEO, better UI, transcripts by speaker, and chapter summaries are some of the things on the Capsho roadmap for the months to come
Deirdre is the Co-founder & CEO of Capsho, the world’s first AI-powered Podcast Copywriter!
Capsho is software that helps Experts who podcast create their AI-generated episode title, player description, show notes, episode social media captions and email with Content Honey Traps so that they can grow their listeners!
She is the creator of Content Honey Traps, author of Honey Trap Marketing and host of the Grow My Podcast Show and The Podcasting Entrepreneur.
She is a serial entrepreneur, having founded and led 7 businesses across 5 industries in the last 9 years, and has navigated the entire spectrum of experiences and emotions (the good, the bad and the ugly) that comes with starting, running and closing businesses.
With her hands-on experience in successfully growing her businesses to 6 & 7 figures, she now coaches and works hands-on with experts who podcast to grow their audience using the Content Honey Trap System.
What if your podcast promo was a content honey trap that attracted podcast listeners like bees that are ready to buy your next program – yes please! I chat with host of Grow My Podcast Show and founder of Capsho, Deirdre Shen. She shares her formula that will help you grow your podcast in swarms!
@DeirdreTshien (Deidre on Instagram)
Grab Your Free Gift!
Launch, Produce Or Leverage YOUR Podcast With The Partnership of Smooth Business Podcasting
What if you could record a podcast and have a team of experts handle it ALL (and have less stress, and more time to focus on your business)?
What if you had a system that enabled you to produce and promote your podcasting content like clockwork without the headaches?
What if your podcast guesting/show brought you more leads and clients?
What if you had ONE company that did it all and you spent less time project managing team members and the moving parts that go with podcasting?
You CAN – We launch, produce, promote and leverage podcasts to help businesses like you gain more leads, increase visibility, boost authority and grow. Email us at email@example.com!