In this week’s podcast of Smooth Sailing Online Support, Lyndsay Phillips interviews Justin Christianson, President and co-founder of Conversion Fanatics, speaker, entrepreneur and #1 Amazon Bestselling Author of Conversion Fanatic: How To Double Your Customers, Sales & Profits With A/B Testing.
MAIN QUESTIONS ASKED:
- What does website conversion optimization actually mean?
- What are some of the key conversion optimization strategies?
- Do different companies have different results?
- What are the five pillars of success?
KEY LESSONS LEARNED:
- Consists of two main pieces: traffic and conversion.
- Don’t assume nothing in marketing.
- Learn from the losing variations and tweak them to make them better.
- Optimization drastically reduces the acquisition costs.
- All comes down to systems and processes.
- Means getting more of the people at your website to take the desired action.
- You have to figure out what makes your visitors tick and how to get them to take more predictable desired actions.
- A/B Testing allows you to compare two versions of the same variable to see which works best.
- Pay attention to your website analytics. The numbers will tell you exactly what is wrong.
- A heat map is a tool that allows you to track users behavior on your site.
Making your landing page awesome
- Having a strong benefit driven headline that explains what the product can do for you (state the benefits instead of the features).
- Strong Call To Action. A strong CTA tells visitors exactly what to do and why. CTA should be above the fold of the page so it is immediately visible.
- Social proof that they are not the first person to do it. “Nobody likes to be first.”
LINKS TO RESOURCES MENTIONED:
Click the image below to download a FREE copy of The 24 Point Conversion Checklist