Good Food for the Entrepreneur with Allison Schaaf
Good Food for the Entrepreneur
In this week’s episode of the Sailing to Success Podcast Show, Lyndsay Phillips interviews chef Allison Schaaf. Allison is the founder of the meal planning website Prepdish.com. Allison has been featured on other great podcasts like Entrepreneur on Fire, Smart Passive Income, and Food Blogger Pro.
MAIN QUESTIONS ASKED:
- How do you go from personal chef to business owner?
- What is the paleo diet about?
- What are your most popular gluten free meals?
- What is some of the feedback you’ve been getting?
KEY LEASSONS LEARNED:
Becoming an Entrepreneur
- Working and doing what you love can be rewarding but it’s hard to scale if you have bigger goals.
- You may not realize the skills you have are something that other people would pay for.
- Entrepreneurs often neglect their own health and nutrition, having a plan and preparing food ahead of time can make it easier to take care of yourself.
- Paleo and gluten free diets are very similar, there are a lot of people who require a specialized diet. Many people naturally tend to eat a paleo diet without following a meal plan because they feel better.
- Making your food at home allows you to control the fuel that you put into your body.
- Making decisions on what to eat is just another burden on your willpower, making the decision ahead of time makes it much easier.
- Do the prep before you’re hungry, you’ll make better decisions about what to eat this way.
- Meal plans are especially effective for full time parents, busy entrepreneurs and people who don’t have a lot of time.
- Making food for children can be tricky, sometimes you have to try the same food multiple times prepared in different ways. Experiment and see what works.
- Look into grocery delivery services to make it even more simple and easy.
- Make your food preparations easy by creating a meal plan, sign up with Prepdish.com.
- Exchanging time for money is a good way to gain skills, but you need a way to scale if you want to build a business.
- Don’t forget to take care of your health and body, don’t settle for processed foods.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!