So you’ve created a Facebook Group – awesome! Well, now what?! Here are 15 easy ways to market and promote your Facebook Group to grow your membership base.
NOTE: If you haven’t yet created a group be sure to read these 2 blogs first:
Now have a look at these amazing ways for how to promote a Facebook group!
How To Promote A Facebook Group and Make Build a Thriving Community
- Invite your Facebook ‘friends’ and Page followers (or anyone else for that matter) to your group. You can create a unique url for the group for branding.
Tip – Do not ADD people to the group unless you KNOW for a fact they want in. The approach is to invite them only, and let them make their own decision.
- Hit the share button below your group banner, to share your group on your Timeline, or a Page you manage.
- Be sure to send an invite to your e-list, podcast guests and more!
- Include the link to your group in your marketing material and email signature.
- Use the url at the end of videos, podcasts, blogs as a call to action for folks to join. This is where that ‘vanity’ url that you can create in Facebook comes in handy. Another great option is to buy a domain name and forward it to your Facebook Group url.
- Ensure there are links and information about the group on your website – the menu bar is the easiest.
- Spread the word in all your other social media platforms. In other words, cross promote.
- Boost your posts, promoting your Facebook Group, to extend your reach OR boost a post that provides a blog and have a call to action in your blog about the Facebook Group – heck try both and test!
- Have a contest or giveaway, BUT it’s only available in your Facebook Group. Promote that contest in your usual avenues (you know, everywhere).
- Have an exclusive live Facebook Training or Webinar, again – only available in that Facebook Group to entice folks to join.
- Add an invite to the group in your indoctrination campaigns and welcome emails.
- Use a pop up on your website during the launch period, to let people know about the group.
- Put a widget in the sidebar of your website so there is a button in plain view to advertise the group.
- Pin the invite to the group on your Facebook Profile and Page so it does not get lost in the newsfeed.
- Put it as a resource or an invite on your lead magnet thank you pages
Last BIG tip – Don’t be afraid to be creative and spread the word!
Hey! While your at it, why not follow Smooth Business Growth on Facebook for more great content marketing tips!