How easy is it to make your own podcast?
So you may already know what it takes to have a podcast show. Perhaps you even read my last blog on Starting Your Own Podcast Show – 7 Things You Need. I’ll run through them quick…
- Audio Hosting Site
- Podcast Directory (like iTunes)
- One Sheet
- Interview Equipment
- Scheduling Software
- Audio Intro/Outro
And as a bonus I mentioned a Podcast Script and Guest Instructions.
But I often get folks asking – what is the process – how does it all work? Here is a general time frame and steps to the process of starting up your podcast. You can even use this as a checklist for every podcast.
- Book guests on the show (so they are on your calendar).
- If you’re using Instant Teleseminar or Zoom, set up that call in those systems so you have the accurate dial-in information.
- Get the bio and headshot from your guest before the show.
- Ensure your guest has a confirmation of the day/time/call in details of your interview.
- Conduct and enjoy the interview! Make sure it’s recorded.
- Edit and touch up the audio:
- Edit raw segments to fit your format.
- Equalization and Compression of your voice.
- Add your Intro to the beginning and your Outro at the end.
- Add any commercials or additional audio segments (previews of your next show, etc.).
- Add ID3 tags and uploading the episode to hosting service.
- Create the podcast graphic for the episode.
- Upload to iTtunes or any other directory.
- Get show notes or transcripts for the episode.
- Post to your website (graphic, show notes and audio link).
- Let your guest know it’s live and how to promote.
- Promote it – via social media, subscription list, emails and more!
Are you anxious to get rolling? Or maybe you can’t or don’t want to do this alone, or figure it all out yourself? Maybe implementing isn’t your strength. Or perhaps these steps and moving pieces may seem overwhelming – hey I get that! It can be a lot for one person to take on, especially while trying to grow their business in other avenues as well! That’s okay – here are some reasons why you may wish to Fast Track your podcast show…
- You’d rather focus on revenue generating tasks.
- You’d rather focus on your passion (your coaching/practice/clients etc.)
- It makes more financial sense to hire someone to set up and co-ordinate this for you, while you make more profits doing what you do best.
- You don’t want to take the time to figure out some of these elements.
- You don’t like the technical elements.
- You don’t have any support staff or someone on your team that you feel can take this on.
- You don’t want to waste precious time – and just want to get started NOW.
- You want less stress and peace of mind it’s just ‘taken care of’.
Email me at Captain@ssonlinesupport.com or check out my services at https://www.smoothbusinessgrowth.com/podcast-production/