Get ready for some high energy as I chat with Media Maverick TeeJ Mercer as she shares how we can Pimp our PR.
- Getting MSN, CBS on our website is one thing but being put on national TV with that kind of coverage seems unattainable for most entrepreneurs. Why does it feel so out of reach?
- TeeJ bust myths about tv media attention!
- What do you need to even be considered for TV media – what groundwork or assets do you need?
- If there is one thing we can do RIGHT NOW to get media attention?
- What can this type of media do for your business (besides make you look like a celebrity)?
- What are the first steps one needs to take to get started to achieve this kind of media attention?
- Dream national but act local – what does that strategy mean?
- Is there a right or wrong way to pitch?
Tee J’s street cred:
As one of Hollywood’s most highly sought after TV editors, for two decades I influenced the lives of millions through storytelling. I spent time with ABC, NBC, MTV, OWN, WeTV, The Style Network, HGTV, The History Channel, Bravo and the Walt Disney Company – beginning with the entertainment magazine hit Extra, and including the long-running The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Recently, I worked with comedic giants Kevin Hart and Tiffany Haddish on their upcoming film Night School, as the Behind-The-Scenes Producer and recently wrapped on location in Atlanta working with the legendary icon Samuel L. Jackson and Jessie T. Usher on the next Shaft movie.
Despite no prior aspirations to be a writer, in 2012 I felt divinely inspired to write my first book. And I did it in a week! 40 Days Till 40RTY: Life Lessons from the Ramblings of my UNFILTERED Thoughts has received several honors including three Beverly Hills Book Awards, is an Amazon Bestseller, and was downloaded almost 10,000 times in two days, on six continents.
Because of my third book, The 6-Figure Battered Wife: My Path to Resilience, I was the featured speaker for the season premiere of “The Round” on BET’s sister network, Centric TV, now called BETHer.
My Media Mavericks and I have been featured on networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW and on shows like The Steve Harvey Show, The Doctors, and Dr. Oz. My Mavericks have also displayed their authority in The Huffington Post, Psychology Today, Inventors Digest, The Breakfast Club, and too many radio shows and podcasts to count.