Sandra Rea is the founder of The Bathrobe Investor and specializes in copywriting, content creation, digital marketing, and real estate investing. She specializes in the change and use of short term rental properties and has two sides to her professional life. She is launching a new program as part of the Catapult Crew all about building funnels and digital marketing/copywriting.
Main Questions Asked:
- What is a copywriter?
- What should people look for in a copywriter?
- What is a ghostwriter and what does that entail?
- Where did Bathrobe Investor come from?
- How do you write in different voices and niches?
Key Lessons Learned:
- There is a major difference between someone that has been copywriting for many years and an amateur writing copy.
- Copywriting is a style of writing that focuses on convincing the reader to take an action specifically by resonating with the reader.
- You have to understand the psychology of the target that the copy is being written for.
- SEO is part of the process, but it’s normally very subtle. Good content is what matters most when it comes to SEO.
- Finding the right copywriter for you is a matter of knowing what skills you need. Some copywriters focus on ghostwriting and some have other marketing skills that make them more expensive to hire. It depends on your goals and targets.
- Research is a major part of a copywriter’s job, that’s how they understand the target and the voice they need to write in.
- A ghostwriter is someone who writes in someone else’s voice to create content in their name.
- Many of the books on store shelves have been written by ghostwriters who have interviewed the “author” and then created the content of the book through that process.
- Not everyone is skilled at writing and hiring a ghostwriter can be a great resource for you to create the book you’ve always wanted.
- Having a book is a great way for entrepreneurs to market themselves and their businesses. It increases the value of your brand and your customer’s perception of your business.
- After learning the skills around real estate investing and writing in that niche, Sandra started to implement the knowledge she was writing about to invest in real estate herself.
- Everyone has the same number of hours in the day, entrepreneurs just have to put their head down and do the work whether they want to or not.
- Building a team that shores up your weaknesses is a good idea and allows you to focus on where your strengths are.
- Entrepreneurs need to keep learning, we are never truly satisfied with what we know.
- If writing’s not your thing, do yourself a favour and hire a copywriter.
- Don’t underestimate the power of being a published author and what a book can do for your business and brand.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned