Generate Email Leads with Josh Haynam
Josh Haynam is the co-founder of Interact, a place for creating beautiful and engaging quizzes that generate email leads. He writes about new ways to connect with customers and build trust with them.
Main Questions Asked:
- Why are quizzes so popular these days?
- How are quizzes used in marketing?
- Are there stats behind the best time to ask for the opt in?
- Can you segment a list based off the answers to a quiz?
- How do you make a quiz fun while still being useful to your business?
- Is there one type of quiz that’s the best?
- What are some of the big mistakes people make when creating a quiz?
- How does Interact work?
Key Lessons Learned from Josh Haynam:
- We all love to learn more about ourselves and validate how we feel about ourselves.
- Quizzes allow you to express yourself by answering questions.
- 40% of the words we use in our lifetime are about ourself.
- Quizzes are often the closest thing to having a conversation online.
- The best time to ask for the opt in is after they’ve answered all the questions, you will get 100% more opt ins compared to other times. Leave it optional.
- You can segment the list directly based off the answers to a quiz as well as the results.
- Quizzes can gather all the same data as a survey while being more engaging and interesting to the user.
- Think about how you would ask someone questions if they were sitting directly in front of you. Stay on brand but try to be more conversational and fun.
- Plain text questions are often the best with images being the best for answers.
- Seven questions are optimal for quiz length, you want to gather useful info but not bore the user.
- The biggest mistake people make when creating quizzes is being too dry and not tying the quiz back to your business.
- Interact provides the best performing templates in 60 different verticals.
- Quizzes are built on the Interact system and can be implemented via WordPress plugin.
- Tracking and analytics are included.
- There are three main reasons to use quizzes for marketing.
- Growing your email list
- You can get someone’s email in return for the results of the quiz.
- People are very engaged once they go through all the questions, you can often see opt ins as high as 50%.
- Selling Products
- The outcome can help determine which product is right for the user.
- Personalized product recommendations convert 235% higher than generic recommendations.
- Growing your social presence
- 10% of people who take quizzes share their results.
Final Tips from Josh Haynam
- Quizzes can change your marketing game, just make sure to tie them back into your business.
- Don’t make your quiz too dry, keep it light and conversational.
Thank you for listening to this podcast with Josh Haynam! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned