Julie Zuzek on Growing a Conscious Business
In this week’s episode of the Sailing to Success Podcast Show, Lyndsay Phillips interviews Julie Zuzek. Julie is a highly sought after business coach and works with top entrepreneurs around the world. She is the host of the Conscious Business podcast and the founder of the website thecorporateyogi.com
MAIN QUESTIONS ASKED:
- What kind of limiting beliefs do people have and how does it stop them?
- What do you mean by use your fear as your guide?
- What is a growth mindset?
- How are the different elements intertwined when it comes to business?
- What was your journey like?
- What do you find your clients struggle with the most?
KEY LESSONS LEARNED FROM JULIE ZUZEK:
- The imposter syndrome will try to tell you that you can’t do it or you’re not worth it. Just do it and you’ll feel the confidence afterwards.
- People feel fear when they think of doing something big, fear of failure and fear of success.
- We all have different ideas of what success means, comparing your success to someone else is not a good way of achieving your goals.
- The thing you are afraid of is probably the thing you should strive to do the most, get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Your business won’t grow until you do.
- Get clear on what you’re passionate about and what you want to do.
- We should always be looking for opportunities to grow and learn.
- All of your relationships are a chance to grow.
- Success is not a destination.
- Be mindful of the language you use, your beliefs will come out in the way you speak and how you behave.
- Model someone you admire when you feel like you are limited.
- Your genius may be something you take for granted, someone else can give you a better perspective of yourself.
- Yogic philosophy is about building a community and purpose.
Building a Business
- A business should address a problem or facilitate a dream.
- Running a business means being flexible and dynamic and being able to respond to what the market wants.
- Entrepreneurship has never been easier in terms of technology and opportunity.
- Entrepreneurs have to be more comfortable with risk.
- Taking action and verbalizing your vision is the first step to creating a business.
- Talking through your business idea with someone else is good practice for getting them to buy in to your vision and validate your idea.
- Your business should reflect your purpose and focus on the community.
- Your beliefs about what you are capable of determine what you are capable of.
- Try not to compare yourself to others, success is a journey unique to you.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast with Julie Zuzek, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!