Facebook Ads Made Easy with Mojca Mars
In this week’s episode of the Sailing to Success Podcast Show, Lyndsay Phillips interviews Mojca Mars. Mojca is a social media consultant and is the founder of the company Super Spicy Media. She helps her clients get more leads and create more profits through Facebook Ads.
MAIN QUESTIONS ASKED:
- What made you decide to start your own business?
- What are the biggest mistakes that entrepreneurs make with Facebook ads?
- What have you experienced with the changes to graphics?
- What is a good conversion rate someone should expect to see?
- Do you normally create a plan for your clients?
- Are there certain rules we should follow?
- Are there limitations on the audience?
KEY LESSONS LEARNED:
- The biggest mistake is that entrepreneurs open their account and try to sell the audience right away.
- You have to build trust and add value first.
- Facebook books ads are best for lead generation instead of direct sales.
- Facebook tracks the people that have visited your site so you can target them differently.
- Trying to run too many ad campaigns at once will lead to overwhelm and prevent you from optimizing. You can end up giving up entirely.
- Different audiences will respond to different types of ads. You have to test and tweak what you’re doing to find what works best.
- Start with a blog post, pure value, then retarget the people who’ve seen the post with an ad that tries to get them on your email list, once on the list you can pitch your offer.
- Create a plan and understand what your goals are so you can measure your success.
- Your budget doesn’t have to be high to see great results from Facebook ads.
- Be honest with your audience, don’t mislead them.
- Lead with your audience’s problem, they will expect the solution to be on the other side.
- There are three ways to target people on Facebook, by interest, custom audiences where you upload your email list and Facebook finds similar people for you, and lookalike audiences.
- Targeting an unknown audience will increase your cost per acquisition.
- When you open your account, the first thing you should do is install your Facebook pixel on your website.
- There are many different types of campaigns with different goals.
- Custom conversions are where you set up a specific goal within the Facebook campaign and then optimize for that goal.
- The conversion rates from mobile campaigns are currently beating out desktop ads. You need to have a mobile responsive website if you want to take advantage of this.
- Start with value and building trust with your audience.
- Get the Facebook pixel installed ASAP.
- Keep in mind the relationship the audience you are targeting has with you and tailor the ad for them.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
LINKS TO RESOURCES MENTIONED: