Hani Mourra is a dad, softwarepreneur, and the founder of the Repurpose.io, a software designed to help content creators automatically publish their Podcasts and Facebook Lives to all major media platforms and grow their audience faster. He’s also the CEO and founder of Simple Podcast Press Plugin, a company that specializes in online software for content creators.
Main Questions Asked:
- What is Repurpose.io and how does it help content creators?
- Are content creators nervous about repurposing content?
- What does Simple Podcast Press do?
- What are some mistakes that podcasters do?
- How difficult is it to get started with Simple Podcast Press?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Repurpose is software that is meant to automate the creation of content in different formats and publishing it to a variety of platforms.
- You can create one piece of content like a Facebook Live and then create a set of rules that upload the video to YouTube, convert the video to audio and then upload it to Libsyn so you can use it as a podcast.
- Content creators are cautious about reusing their content but people consume content in different ways. People have different learning styles and having your content in a variety of formats is a good way to reach a larger audience.
- Repurpose doesn’t ask you to change your workflow, it takes over after you hit the publish button and does everything automatically.
- Repurpose also comes with templates for when you are converting audio to video, that makes uploading a podcast to YouTube easy. It also adds a Call To Action link in the first two lines of the description so it’s always visible when the episode is viewed on YouTube.
Simple Podcast Press
- Simple Podcast Press started out as a tool that focused on automating publishing your podcast onto your WordPress site.
- The focus later became the player itself and the buttons that encourage the user to take action. It’s customizable for whatever platforms and actions you need and also encourages the listener to opt in to your email list.
- It also has an option for custom buttons that allow you to give away custom content that is specific to that episode.
- Another great feature is the clickable timestamps, they make it very easy for the listener to zero in on exactly what they want and creates a better listener experience.
- When it comes to the opt in box, it’s important to offer something that is short, actionable, and valuable.
- Many podcasters edit too much, focus more on the content than the presentation of the episode.
- Ask for feedback and provide the content that your listeners are asking for.
- Email the segment of your list that opted in for the content that makes sense to them, don’t blast your whole list if it’s a topic that doesn’t interest them.
- Recycle your episodes with tools like MeetEdgar and Social Jukebox.
- Send people to your site to listen, don’t send them a link to the mp3.
- Don’t neglect Facebook, Facebook videos often have more views than the same video on YouTube.
- Podcasting is not usually the core of your business, you should focus on creating good content without spending hours on manually posting it on various platforms.
Simple Video Press
- Simple Video Press is a WordPress plugin that brings in all your YouTube videos and creates blog posts for each video. It also incorporates the comments on the video automatically.
- Simple Social Press does essentially the same thing but for Facebook Live videos.
- If you are a content creator, save yourself some time by using the suite of tools that Hani has built.
- Don’t be afraid to repurpose and recycle your content in different formats.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
SHARE NOW ON YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM: