Heather Ann Havenwood, CEO of Havenwood Worldwide, LLC and Chief Sexy Boss, is a serial entrepreneur and is regarded as a top authority on internet marketing, business strategies and marketing. Since marketing her first online business in 1999, bringing together clients and personal coaches, she has played an active role in the online marketing world since before most even had a home computer.
In 2006 she started, developed and grew an online information marketing publishing company from ground zero to over $1 million in sales in less than 12 months. Starting without a list, a product, a name or an offer, Heather Ann molded her client into a successful guru now known as an expert in his field.
MAIN QUESTIONS ASKED:
- Tell us about your story.
- What kind of advice do you have for beating the big boys?
- How does someone who has trouble with that advice move forward?
KEY LESSONS LEARNED:
- All the tips and tricks in the world won’t get you anywhere without the right mindset.
- Rarely does anyone say “you should be an entrepreneur”, being an entrepreneur becomes part of your identity.
- You have to give yourself permission to fail if you want to eventually succeed. Your risk of failure is the same as the potential level of success.
- Being the boss is being responsible for all areas of your life. It’s an energy level, not a position.
- You need to have a very good reason to want to be an entrepreneur, without it you will have less motivation to get through the inevitable tough times.
- Entrepreneurs create, succeed, and fail. That’s the job description.
- You have to go where your tribe of people are.
- 5% of small business are owned by women but a large majority of businesses owned by men have a team of women behind them.
- You can’t beat the big boys at their own game. You have to play by your own rules.
- Don’t tell, do.
- We are taught to not invite ourselves to the party. Don’t wait for a formal invitation when it comes to business and becoming known in your field.
- Know your value.
- “Does this feed my confusion or strengthen my clarity?” A question to live by. When you are clear, you can make decisions, and from there make money. Confusion causes upset, which causes bad decisions.
- Don’t be afraid to fail, failure is a learning opportunity on the way to success.
- Know your why and the value you bring to the world.
- Work on having clarity and making better decisions.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
LINKS TO RESOURCES MENTIONED:
Text SEXY to 72000