Kris Reid started out as a software engineer and worked for a variety of companies before he took a break from the corporate world to backpack and find his passion. He ended up developing a game and was looking for ways to promote it, which led him to learn about SEO. He started creating tools that increase website ranking, which is now the basis of his company Ardor SEO.
Ardor SEO is the ultimate multi-national backlink building company that helps businesses achieve utmost success in their respective niches by using the most innovative methods of marketing online, including search engine optimization, reputation management, search engine ranking and link building.
Main Questions Asked:
- What is authority building?
- What makes an authority site?
- How do you find out how many people are linking to your website?
- How has podcasting helped?
- What makes content high quality?
- What are the things that people do that they shouldn’t be doing?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Google uses an authority algorithm to rank websites in it’s search results, when a website links to another website the linked site is considered to have more authority.
- The main factor in your Google ranking is your Domain Authority. Location of the searcher also plays a big part.
- Domain Authority is a complicated algorithm, but a big part is the number of websites linking back to your site.
- Social media has very little authority and won’t impact your Domain Authority.
- Create high quality, useful content that people will want to link to. Google’s highest priority is creating a good user experience.
- Strategic partnerships are a good way to build links and increase authority.
- Podcasting is a great way to your reputation and get your content linked to.
- Content marketing and SEO is a long game, it takes time to get results but it’s worth it.
- Search Engine Marketing could be a better option for certain businesses, but once you stop spending money on ads the traffic stops. SEO is organic and more consistent.
- All things being equal, the site with the most links win.
- Not all links are equal, Google will actively punish spammy, low quality links.
- Reach out to people in other non-competing industries and build win win relationships.
- Focus on creating content that is natural and made for the user.
- Bounce rate is an important ranking factor. If your content is low quality and the reader leaves quickly, it will impact your rankings.
- Stick to what you know, hire an expert to take care of your SEO.
- Focus on high quality content and building your reputation as an authority in your space, the links will follow.
- Don’t try to game the system, it’s not a good long term strategy for success.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned