Podcast and PodHero
Kyle Martin is the creator of PodHero. After discovering the world of podcasting Kyle’s life changed. He learned about a number of pain points that podcasters and storytellers experience and that inspired the creation of PodHero.
PodHero is a swiss army knife of marketing tools geared towards podcasters that help them build their audience and find success.
Main Questions Asked:
- Why podcasting?
- What advice would you give to new podcasters about promoting?
- Can you give us some tips about how SEO works with iTunes?
- What does PodHero do for podcasters?
Key Lessons Learned:
- There is something extremely powerful about audio. Audio is a more accessible form of one on one attention with your listener.
- You need to zero in on who your listener really is, build your avatar and understand them which will make your content much better.
- Starting a podcasting interview is one of the easiest ways to start a podcast.
- Hosted podcasts can also work, but you need to have a strong listener persona and be comfortable in front of the microphone.
- Consistency is very important.
- Authenticity is more important than being perfect.
- By sharing your own personal experiences in your writing you create something original and unique.
- Don’t just tweet once, tweet multiple times an hour. The average lifespan of a tweet is only about 10 minutes.
- Repurpose your audio content into different formats.
- Facebook and Twitter rank video very highly, turn your audio into video and take advantage of social media platforms.
- Promote your future episodes and watch your engagement go up.
- iTunes has its own version of SEO, it’s in your best interest to show up in the iTunes search rankings if you want market your business. Treat your podcast as if it’s a website.
- It’s less about downloads and more about creating customers.
- Think of what someone may search for in iTunes when deciding on the title of your podcast.
- Placing keywords into your podcast name can help you rank for those keywords.
- Your podcast artwork is the first introduction to a new potential listener.
- iTunes reviews also impact your search rankings in addition to creating social proof. When you are looking at iTunes reviews, you are only seeing the reviews from your country.
- Audio Enhancer makes your vocals sound good automatically.
- A lot of the promoting techniques that work now take a lot of time, there are a few tools that help automate this process including pushing your podcast to YouTube.
- The Media Kit makes sharing your posts very easy for your guests.
- Pick a release schedule and be consistent.
- Choose authenticity over perfection, it’s better to be efficient.
- Promote your podcast episodes, don’t let them just disappear after they’re released.
- Create your content for just one person and then speak directly to their needs.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned