Summer Tannhauser teaches online entrepreneurs and bloggers how to increase their audience, influence, and revenue through the power of Pinterest and passive income strategies. She believes in creating a “Live More, Work Less” business model by utilizing the powerful combination of Pinterest and blogging strategy to grow your email list, increase traffic, and ultimately create more revenue for your business.
Main Questions Asked:
- Tell us about how you turned your “side hustle” into a business that allowed you to leave your full time job?
- How is Pinterest different from Youtube and Google as far as tagging keywords?
- Are there specific do’s and don’ts?
- Are there any recommendations when it comes to making boards for your pins?
- Do we need to have call to actions to get people to follow?
- What are the analytics like in Pinterest?
- Does Pinterest have advertising as well?
- How do you know if your target market is searching in Pinterest for what you offer and the topics that you cover?
- What is your description of passive income and how does that tie into Pinterest?
- Are there anything that we shouldn’t be doing with Pinterest?
- Is there a rule of thumb as to how much text to include in the graphic?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Pinterest is more than DIY, crafts and recipes.
- People tend to use Pinterest as a kind of search engine the same way they use google.
- When thinking about SEO (search engine optimization) you can type the main topic you plan on posting about in the Pinterest search bar and see what keyword boxes pop up to find out in real time what are currently the most popular topics on Pinterest.
- She recommends making a graphic template that you can reuse when getting started.
- Using a minimum of 10-15 boards with 20 pins each gives your profile a complete feel rather than looking unfinished.
- Pinterest has approved API’s you can use to schedule content without fear of penalization.
- You can upload your email list to Pinterest and have it automatically send out pins to your list.
- Some countries have different platforms for Pinterest.
- Pinterest is mainly a traffic driver to get people to your website, blog, videos, and other content.
- The graphic is going to get people to stop and draw their attention but the text is what is going to get them to click through to view your content.
- Pinterest isn’t just for product based business’.
- Pinterest is a great way to funnel traffic to your website and other places where you post content.
- Utilize Pinterest as a sort of SEO to see what people are searching for in relation to your content.
- Pinterest has it’s own great analytics you should be taking advantage of.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned