In this week’s episode of the Sailing to Success Podcast Show, Lyndsay Phillips interviews Enrico Torres. Enrico is the founder and CEO of AppendMe, a new social ecommerce app.
MAIN QUESTIONS ASKED:
- How did you go from the restaurant business to the app business?
- What is AppendMe?
- How does the chat feature work?
- What does social ecommerce mean?
- What do you see in the future?
KEY LESSONS LEARNED:
- It will probably take longer than you think to develop an app.
- Do the research beforehand.
- Be responsive to your user’s feedback.
- Developing for Android devices is especially difficult.
- The app is mainly a social platform right now, the ecommerce and live streaming features are coming down the pipe.
- It allows you to share various forms of media with people even if they don’t have the app.
- It also allows the user to express themselves in a way they can’t do on other social platforms.
- Cyber bullying was a major concern when designing the app.
- AppendMe doesn’t have algorithms that determine what you see.
- Messaging is built into the app with privacy being a major focus of the app.
- Monetizing the app will involve the ecommerce portion with fees and membership levels that will be well below the level of other comparable platforms.
- AppendMe allows small businesses and regular users to buy and sell items within your local environment.
- Reputation is a key part of the social ecommerce experience.
- Businesses will be able to advertise on the platform and users will be able to search for items they are looking for.
- Social platforms should be social, not automated.
- Take your user’s feedback and use it.
- There is always room for innovation and competition.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast on social eCommerce with Enrico Torres, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
LINKS TO RESOURCES MENTIONED: