9 reasons for starting your own podcast show!
Podcasting has been around since around 2004 (or the term at any rate), and has been growing rapidly in the online world of content marketing. Just ask Pat Flynn – who has made a 6 figure business with the help of podcasting!
- Connect with your audience. Podcasting gives you the ability to speak directly to your target audience in a way that makes a personal connection with them. They’ll come to feel that they know you, which will build your credibility and help to generate more business.
- Generate attention and interest. Podcasting gives you the opportunity to capture attention, interest and curiosity about a topic that is related to your business, your interests, and your passions.
- Build your platform. Podcasting lets you get your message out to the public in a way that complements your social media marketing, website, and traditional marketing programs.
- Create content. Podcasting allows you to highlight relevant, timely, and interesting content in a way that is simple and fun to do.
- Boost your SEO: When you promote your podcast on social media and folks click back to your website that houses it – voila Organic SEO. This boosts your rankings.
- Broaden your exposure and reach. Podcasting will turn you into an expert and will benefit your guests as well. Think of how many people will share your podcast PLUS think about your guest – and who THEY share it with. Now multiply that by how many guests you have in a year – WOW!
- Network and build relationships. Podcasting is a form of networking and building relationships. It’s a way to get to know other people (and businesses) in other industries that you wouldn’t necessarily connect with.
- Increases referrals. All those great relationships mentioned above will think of YOU as an expert in your field and are more likely to refer you to others they know and/or seeking that type of product or service. You deliver great value on the podcast, while others view you as ‘recommended’ by the host as well!
- Increase your connections and benefit others. Podcasting allows you to benefit others as you refer other people to your peers or clients. “Yes, I know the perfect person who can help you pay less taxes – let me connect you with ‘Joe Smith’” It’s a win-win for everyone.
So say YES to starting your own podcast show – because I guarantee it WILL boost your biz! Check out part 1 of my Ultimate Success Guide for Podcasting – complete with worksheets, checklists, how to’s and more!