10 Success tips you can use in business and life.
I had the pleasure of listening to the great Brian Tracy speak at one of my client’s events recently. What an icon. Brian Tracy has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada, and 70 other countries worldwide. He has studied, researched, written, and spoken for 30 years in the fields of economics, history, business, philosophy, and psychology. He is the top-selling author of over 70 books that have been translated into dozens of languages. Crazy! So needless to say I think he has a pretty good idea of what the secret to success is, and you want to pay attention when he shares some success tips.
Here are some success tips that he shared.
- Have clear goals, a clear plan, and implement it, consistently. Seems simple enough but it’s amazing how many come up with the goal and then don’t plan or act.
- Continuous learning. It’s insane how many books Brian has read – AND can recite! Whether you learn hands-on from a mentor or coach, listen to videos, read books or blogs, listen to podcasts. The key here is there is always something new to learn.
- Develop a reputation for integrity and honesty. Always be punctual (the way you do one thing is the way you do everything as they say) and be good on your word. It will carry you far.
- Learn from the experts. You can’t do it all alone and you won’t get ahead faster by trying to figure it all out on your own either. Emulate those that are successful.
- Hard work. Yep – success doesn’t come easy, by wishing it to happen or just setting goals. You actually have to put in the sweat equity!
- Sell to those that already need what you are providing. Don’t waste time on those that can’t afford it or aren’t qualified leads.
- Be willing to take risks. Playing it safe won’t reap rewards my friend. Invest. Say Yes. Take a chance. Try something new. Be open to change.
- Automate as much as you can. Systems are key. Have procedures, templates, systems to be more efficient and leave out room for errors.
- Plan each day in advance. Review what your next day looks like ahead of time. You will be more focused when you start the day instead of wasting time reviewing then and getting into gear. See what your priorities are so you can be uber focused.
- Exercise every day. Get up and move around. It clears the fog, keeps the blood and creativity flowing and gives you more clarity of mind so that you can be more productive and focused.
What solid success tips! I’m looking forward to reading his book Eat That Frog. (So blessed to have a signed copy!) I need to work a little better at #9. Which of these success tips was your favorite and which one do you need to start implementing? Would love your comments!