Total Activation, Business, and Scaling
Nitin Chhoda is an immigrant who arrived in the US penniless in 2002, in a post 9-11 world. Delivered pizza, slept in his car, and didn’t have money for winter clothes, but always a hustler. Became a licensed physical therapist, entrepreneur, author and public speaker in 2007. Now owns and runs several multi-million dollar companies with 30+ employees worldwide.
He is the author of “Total Activation: The 5 Step Fitness Mantra”. It is a dynamic new approach to weight loss and personal wellness. It is a system modeled in three stages of change: Identity, Compare, Integrate (ICI) which has 5 components: Emotional, Physical, Social, Spiritual and Intellectual (EPSSI).
In connection, Nitin has created a skincare and nutrition line – products that work in synergy to activate the best version of you (www.totalactivation.com). Since its launch in April 2014, our team has grown and our nutrition and skincare products have been purchased by thousands of customers largely by word of mouth. We have bootstrapped the entire way. We’re now happily providing nutrition and skincare products to customers in 7 countries.
As a licensed physical therapist, Nitin is also a co-owner of an industry-leading electronic medical records software, In Touch EMR (www.intouchemr.com), which offers scheduling, clinical documentation, billing, practice management and referral generation modules for physical therapists.
From being a penniless immigrant to a licensed physical therapist, who earns his millions mainly through entrepreneurship, in just 15 years, Nitin has shown resilience and hard work actually pays off.
Main Questions Asked:
- What made you develop software for the medical industry?
- At what point did you bring on more staff members?
- How do you manage all your various businesses?
- What are the criteria you look for in a good employee?
- How do you deal with training and team culture?
- What is your success mindset?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Software is a necessary evil in modern life and business.
- Marketing and hustling is the basic way of building a business from scratch.
- Developing systems for every aspect of your business allows you to manage more.
- To be able to scale your business, you have to have a good team and good systems in place.
- Identify and hire the right people.
- Try to find people who are enthusiastic, who wants to improve processes, and put in the work.
- Give applicants a test and filter out the ones that don’t match.
- Personality and alignment with the company is more important that an impressive resume.
- Give your team freedom but hold them accountable.
- Have a culture where you call each other out in a respectful way.
- There are three phases to marketing: Awareness, Acquisition, and Engagement.
- Awareness is where someone becomes aware of you for the first time.
- Acquisition is where someone exchanges something of value with you.
- Engagement is where you take your existing customers and indoctrinate them with your lifestyle.
- Most businesses spend a lot of time on Awareness and are terrible at Acquisition and have zero Engagement.
- You have to nurture your leads and your customers.
- Marketing is less about the medium and more about the message and the targeting.
- The self needs to be in balance if you are going to run a successful business. If you’re screwed up internally you won’t be able to add value.
- Total activation is a system that combines the best aspects of the nutrition teachings of the east and the west.
- Natural remedies can often be more effective than the chemicals found on most pharmacy shelves.
- Your software may fail, your employees may quit, your competitors may sue you. You will face trouble. Ask yourself how to get out of the situation and reach out to people who can share their wisdom with you.
- Focus on building systems into your business and having the right people in place on your team.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast on Total Activation, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
TotalActivation.com – Mention Lyndsay’s name and get a discount!