Twitter tips you can tweet and retweet!
Let’s face it we all want quick tips for our social media marketing. Quick digestible tidbits that have big results. I’ve put together a list of my favorite tips to make your profile stand out, optimize your hashtags and use the handles appropriately so that you can be a Twitter savvy marketer! I also made them super easy to share and spread the Twitter Tip Love!
- Ensure your Twitter cover image is 1500 x 500 px and consistent with your other #socialmedia platforms.
- Use #hashtags to join a conversation or be easier to find and extend your reach!
- Test your #hashtags before using – are they getting the right audience, is there ‘action’? Or use a tool like #Hashtagify
- Don’t #hashtag the heck out of everything. 1-3 is ample. It’s more important that they are strategic.
- Don’t #hashtag phrases or acronyms folks won’t get. It just won’t work and is a waste of characters.
- Since Spring 2016 you no longer need the period in front of the handle to allow all followers to see the post.
- Twitter character limit is 140 NOT including the image and url. Make those character’s count!
- Don’t use a period, question mark or anything else after or before a #hashtag – it renders it null and void.
- #TwitterTip: Mix up your posts, some with pics, some with links, some short, some longer. Test what works for you.
- Make sure your #hashtags have no spaces. Ex #Iloveweekends vs #Ilove weekends – it’ll only take the first set of letters.
- Only #hashtag actual searchable keywords vs random words. They need to connect to your audience and strategic goals.
Does the thought of creating Twitter posts on a daily basis, keeping up with comments, shares, notifications make you cringe? Stay out there, be consistent and do it right and outsource your social media. Let Smooth Business Growth rescue you from being overloaded and inconsistent with your Twitter (and Social Media) marketing.