I have a return guest today. Initially, we spoke about optimizing a user’s website experience to increase conversions – it was so great I had to have him back! Jon MacDonald, Founder of (https://thegood.com), a conversion rate optimization firm that helps brands convert more of their existing website traffic into buyers.
Today I want to take this to the next level and talk about strategies on HOW to convert traffic.
- We all know about the ‘dreaded’ pop up to convert website traffic.
- How effective IS the pop up still? Where should we put pop ups and what are best practices?
- There, of course, other ways to convert website traffic. Can you share some?
- How can chatbots help with conversions?
- Some say 1 or 2 offers, some say the more the better (sidebar widgets, graphics in blogs, menu items) is there any rule of thumb?
- Can you share some common mistakes?
Jon MacDonald is the founder and President of The Good (https://thegood.com), a conversion rate optimization firm that helps brands convert more of their existing website traffic into buyers. The Good has unlocked results for some of the largest online brands including Adobe, Nike, Xerox, Economist, and more. Jon regularly contributes content on conversion optimization to publications like Entrepreneur and Inc. He knows how to get visitors to take action.
As President, Jon has helped lead The Good to become one of Oregon’s top 20 fastest-growing private companies. The team at The Good has made a practice of advising brands on how to see e-commerce sales double or more. In recent years, brands that have worked with The Good have seen an average revenue increase in revenue of over 100%.
Jon volunteers for several causes throughout the Pacific Northwest and is an active committee member of industry associations and peer groups such as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO)