So many entrepreneurs are using online assistants or a virtual office assistant. What are they? A VA (for short) is generally self-employed and provides professional administrative, technical, or creative (social) assistance to clients remotely from a home office. Do you often wonder WHY someone hires a VA, what the benefits are, and if it’s right for you? Then read away….
Some of the benefits of hiring a VA (vs having staff in your office) for various tasks are (which is not all inclusive).
- Easy payroll! VA’s are contracted so you don’t need to pay out employee benefits, have them on payroll, pay taxes and other deductions.
- Typically no real training required – the VA already knows how to carry out most administrative, online, social media and marketing tasks. What a time saver!
- Flexibility – they are on call for when you need things done.
- Easy on the budget: They only do the work you hire them to do. Some also work for retainers or packages so you can budget a monthly fee. You don’t necessarily have to commit to 20 hrs a week (as an example)
- Save you time: This is the biggy – a VA takes on tasks you don’t have time for (so you can grow your business, do more revenue generating tasks or have more freedom).
- They are in YOUR court: Most VA’s are interested in growing THEIR business so they are eager to please and offer great service – more dedicated to quality of work.
- They are online – thus don’t work in YOUR office. Many entrepreneurs have a home office, and don’t want (or have the room for) someone else in their office space.
- No learning curve needed: This saves you time (and aggravation) so you don’t have to figure out how to do social media, to create an email blast etc. VA’s specialize in online marketing – so they take care of it all for you.
- Understand your needs: A VA is also an entrepreneur and understands your needs.
- Did I mention they free up A LOT of your time?? Let a VA co-ordinate the moving parts, manage projects, do the tasks you don’t like to do, and generally get more done!
If you are a small business, entrepreneur and feel overwhelmed, have too much on your plate – have tons of things you’d like to do to GROW your business – then a virtual assistant or online business manager is what will help get you there!